A cool take on the classic Mexican street treat, with habanero butter and lime aioli. Straight from ManBQue: Meat. Beer. Rock n’ Roll.
6 ears sweet corn, fully shucked and submerged in water
4 tablespoons habañero butter (recipe below)
1 cup lime aioli (recipe below)
1 cup of Cotija cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the grill to medium direct heat. Clean and oil the grate.
2. Remove the corn from the water, shaking off the excess, and place directly on the grate.
3. Grill the corn 12 minutes total, or until the kernels are tender and caramelized, turning frequently.
4. Remove corn and rub ears with the butter, spread with aioli, and sprinkle with cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
4 ounces (one stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
2 habanero chiles, stems removed, finely chopped
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cream the butter and fold in chiles, honey and salt. Turn out onto wax paper in a line.
2. Roll up the paper, forming the butter into a log shape. Tie off ends and refrigerate overnight.
3. Unwrap and slice as needed.
1 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
3 cloves minced garlic
zest of one lime
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl or food processor until smooth.